Monday, 23 June 2008

Shopped out

Not been great at updating this blog for a few day. I tried earlier today, but since arriving in Jordan blogger.com decided that since I was now living in Jordan it would automatically switch all the menus to arabic script, so it took me a while to work out how to change the language so I could actually post a message.

Well we've been out in Jordan for 1 week now. We've been shopping everyday to try and turn our empty apartment into a home. We've seen the extremes of the shops here, from bargaining in the local markets for curtains to looking round the new Mecca Mall and City Mall where you can buy anything you want, from iPods to HD TVs.

We've had our apartment repainted by a local chap. He was supposed to paint the walls, which he did, but also painted most of the floors, furniture etc. I suggested he might like to use plastic sheets, but he seemed very offended that I even suggested it.

I'll put some more photos up soon, but here are a couple of recent ones.

Saying goodbye to my parents at Heathrow

Us on our new balcony

No comments: