Saturday, 6 December 2008

Wadi Rum

In October we went on a trip with our language school down to Wadi Rum for a couple of days.

It's Lawrence of Arabic countryside. The main form of transport is either Camel or Toyota pickup.

This little bridge was rather narrow, and I was holding on to Jess quite tightly.


The area has loads of canyons to explore, and lots of great climbing opportunities.


I didn't have any ropes, but there was still lots of opportunity to have a go at ground level.


A very beautiful part of the country.


Lots of language students forgetting about language learning for a couple of days.


Jess and her friend Noah having lots of fun rolling down the large sand dunes.


Indiana and her friend Sadie found the whole experience quite boring!

My language class. I definitely prefer this as a location for language learning rather than the classroom.


The back of the pickup for a jeep tour around Wadi Rum.


Local wildlife.


Very dramatic, and lots of climbing potential!

A very enjoyable weekend. A nice to get away to out of the city.

No comments: